Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: The name of the profession resp for killing Diana
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 00:04:04 -0600

At 12:27 AM 3/7/98 +0000, you wrote:

>One of the photographers arrested that night is a Pulitzer prize winning
>photojournalist and the majority of photographers arrested that night
worked for
>Retina, a world famous organization of photojournalists.

Really? Who was the Pulizter winner?

And I agree with what you said. Freelance photographers don't have the
luxury of turning down assignements. If an editor calls, and they want to
continue to be employed, they need to chase down the celebrity, or whatever
taseless thing that they're called upon to do.

On the other hand, chasing and giving some distance, and not endangering
lives is always an option. I'd rather be unemployed than hurt someone by
harassing them. (Except on the LUG of course. <G>)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

My computer's sick. I think my modem is a carrier.