Subject: Re: [Leica] contax g2 lenses - comparable to Leica M?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 22:32:05 -0600

At 01:19 PM 2/25/98 -0800, you wrote:

>lenses are equal in quality to the Leica M lenses.  It seems that
>Contax has taken care of the frames problem and parallax.  They have
>also developed AF for their rangefinder before Leica.  Any opinions

Their lenses are great, but as good as Leicas? Well, depends on what you
mean by good. THey dont make an F/ 1.4 lens, for one. That's not a big
thing. And who careas about AF for a rangefinder camera. The G2 is
technically not really a rangefinder camera. But it IS a viewfinder camera
(not SLR).

As for the viewfinder: two words.

It stinks.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

When there's a will, I want to be in it.