Subject: [Leica] Four new limited-supply books at Leica Gallery, New York City
From: LeicaPhoto <LeicaPhoto@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 19:52:42 EST

1. "The World of the Polar Bear" by the noted German photographer, Norbert
Rosing. Many of you may have seen Rosing's photographs in National Geographic
and in one of its last issues a poster was advertised taken by Rosing.. The
book is published in Canada and is hardbound  12 1/2" x 10" with 175 pages in
color of very high quality. All pictures were taken with Leica R cameras  and
there is information in the back on setting up pictures and a complete table
by page number showing camera model, lens used and setting. We have 3 books
signed by Rosing (he brought them) and they are $50. each
2. "A Landscape, A Fairy Tale / People Faces" by Dieter W. Wehde. Also a well-
known German photographer in both English & German with mainly black & white
photographs and some color. It is like three books in one and beautifully
done. It has an thanks to Leica (he uses M6), and to Cartier-Bresson and even
lists Leica Gallery as his exclusive source in the U.S.! It is 177 pages
(hardbound) and is inscribed by the photographer "signed for a special friend
of Leica Gallery" the price is $49.90 - we have three (3) copies
3."Passing By" by Urs Bernhard, a Swiss photographer. Hardbound, spiral with
all black & white photography all taken by M cameras and lenses. Beautifully
reproduced work. Virtually no text, just photography. Signed by the
photographer and we have 6 copies (only available from us in the U.S.) - price
$40.
4. " I, Will McBride" photographs & text by Will McBride. The photographer is
American who has lived in Germany for forty years. The book is 12 x 9 1/2" and
has 458 pages - it is immense. It is a retrospective of both his photograph
and his life. By the way, one of his photographs was in the "Magic Moments"
retrospective at the Photokina.. We have 8 signed copies and the price is $40.
He uses Leica and Leica is mentioned many times. In our opinion it is a "must"
book for any photo library. The quality of the book is excellent and the price
is fantastic.
Our shipping is $10. for one, two or all three books (never more than
$10.total) + a copy free of "Leica Magic Moments" We take VISA, AMEX, MC and
our telephone is 212-777-3051 / fax is 212-777-6960. We are here Tues-Friday
11 to 6 and Sat 12 to 6 EST. Best regards, Rose & Jay Deutsch / Leica Gallery