Subject: [Leica] Update on Leica lenses with faults
From: "Harold Gess" <gess@icon.co.za>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 1998 22:19:15 +0200

Hi Luggers

Thank you all for your words on the above subject. I must say I was rather
dismayed when first I saw the faults, but the idea of being without a "35"
for any length of time is quite horrible (particularly as I am a working pro
photographer and my earlier 35mm is no longer in my service). However,
spurred on by your comments, I have decided to take the bull by the horns
and have faxed a letter to the local agents for their action as well as for
forwarding to Solms, requesting a replacement be couriered from Germany.

Unfortunately, living here in South Africa, the demand for Leica equipment
is not very high (um...lets re-word that: the demand is very low!) and
consequently the local agents do not carry stock.

Thankyou and best wishes

Harold

Visit my web site at:
http://hgphoto.home.ml.org

You can send a short text message to my cellphone by sending e-mail to
0837004303@sms.co.za.
Please ensure that mail sent for this purpose is in plain text only.

My e-mail addresses are as follows:
haroldgess@journalist.com
gess@icon.co.za
Please use either of these to reach me and, lest you lose sight of it, have
a nice day!