Subject: Re: [Leica] Tips for Hoods
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 13:26:37 -0500

At 10:53 PM 3/6/98 +0800, abpeking  wrote:
>no other company
>I am aware of has adopted the 60mm filter size (to say nothing of the
>weird series 5.5, 6, 7, 8 etc filters)

This simply isn't true.  Zeiss Ikon, for instance, used the 60mm size on
the Pro-Tessar lenses for the Contaflex line, and Series filters are
exceptionally common:  just by way of one minor "f'rinstance', the Kilfitt
5.6/300 was designed to take Series VIII filters.  They were at one time
extremely common and Tiffen, Ednalite, and Kodak made an entire line of
Series adapters;  Harrison & Harrison still does so.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!