Subject: Re: [Leica] Tips for Hoods
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 20:40:22 -0600

At 10:35 PM 3/5/98 +0800, you wrote:

>I would be interested to hear if Calumet or Sinar produce adapters for
>60mm threads or 67EW, Series VII etc since I know Lee do not...

I do believe they do have 60mm adapters. Last count I think more than 5 or
6 Leica lenses use the 60mm mount. There are several just in the M line.
The 21mm 2.8, Noctilux and 75 Summilux. Then all the R lenses that use that
size.

Besides, considering the M cameras are more adapted to photojournalism and
available light photography, I don't think an extensive filter program is
called for. Face it, you use the M system for commercial type photography,
but I just don't think rangefinder cameras are suited to that kind of
photography as SLRs are. But whatever works for you.

Leica has to design for the main target audience, and people with color
meters aren't the main target audience, I suspect, for the M6.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Some people say that I'm superficial, but that's just on the surface.