Subject: Re: [Leica] a 3 dimensional character
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 08:59:36 -0500

I would think it is the lens quality. MTF, as far as I can tell, is
dependent on the entire system of lens, film, and paper( when making prints,
of course). The quality you speak of seems to come from the lens, and can be
seen regardless of film type, and or paper.
In the lab, where I print thousands of prints a week, individual differences
in lenses are readily seen. And, I might add, occasionally, I get some Leica
photos! They actually make the Fuji printer look good! :)

dwpost@msn.com