Subject: [Leica] plain glass focusing screen for R8
From: Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:31:15 -0800

Does anyone own the focusing screen #14347 for the R8?
It's the clear glass screen.  Is this screen much brighter
than a ground glass screen?  My local rep keeps telling me
that it's not a good screen to get because it is not ground
glass.  He says the lack of ground glass makes it hard to
focus.  Any opinions amongst you LUGgers?

I am looking for the brightest screen possible for the R8.

Another question......what is a Beattie screen?  I have heard
that they are VERY bright screens for all cameras.  Is there
one for  the R8?

Francesco Sanfilippo,
Five Senses Productions
webmaster@5senses.com