Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Metering CRTs
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 1998 10:44:04 -0800

Duane asked:

<snip>
Besides that, I'm looking at buying a film recorder so I don't have to
shoot off of monitors anymore and I can make negatives for quantity
reprints from portraits and images tweaked in Photoshop.  Any
recommendations????
<snip>

I have found a great film recorder is a dark kitchen, a nice 17 inch high
reolusion monitor and a tripod mounted winder equipped R8 with the 100/2.8
mm apo lens.  I amaze other professional who make slides for lecturing with
film recorders costing at least as much as my set up but with more
limitations.  At least I can take the photo part of this recording system
with me for travel and fun.  I can't see carrying a film recorder through
the airport on a vacation <bg>.

In all seriousness, one of my colleagues has an Agfa film recorder, spent
$4000 on it and gets great results.  Its convenient, works well to produce
slides in an autmoated fashion but is slow for each exposure.  Some of the
film recorders present a b&W high resolution image and then use a three
color filter wheel to actually make three exposures per slide.  Time
consuming with A+ results.  I use my set up, its faster and I get A to A-
results depending upon how fussy I am about framing.  Images are superb.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA