Subject: [Leica] R8 Winder Report
From: Myers Pete <MyersPete@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 02:09:32 EST

Dear LUGnuts:

I had a bit of blue sky to finally get the R8 out with the new Winder. It
worked flawlessly in the field on its first outing. After not having a winder
in a camera for a while, I found it a real joy to return to having one. It
just gets your mind totally centered on shooting and not on thinking about the
camera.

The only silly thing that came up was this: when my camera is on the monopod,
I tend to have my left hand on the upper left corner of the camera at times. A
few times when I shot off a frame, my hand was in contact with the rewind
spool and I was startled to feel it moving around under my fingers! Silly
photographers. Give them a camera and they can find some way to goof it up.
Guess I'll need to work on moving my hands to a different spot......

I can feel the weight added by the Winder. It is noticable.

Anyway, so far so good! Now, if I can just get that R35mm f2 ROM replacment
lens in.........Solms says its on the way!

Pete Myers