Subject: Re: [Leica] New member
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:16:14 -0500

At 09:28 AM 3/3/98 -0500, Mike Stoesz wrote:

>Currently I have recently acquired an old much beat-up IIIa made in 1936 with
>a classic 50 f/3.5 Elmar.  The camera is now undergoing  a CLA and
>replacement of the shutter curtain and restoration of the dead slow speeds.
> I am in search of the following lenses to complete the outfit:: 35mm f3.5
>Elmar and 90mm f/4 collapsable Elmar.  As long as the glass and mechanicals
>are good the cosmetic condition is not important but cost is.

Mike

Great to see you on the LUG!

The 4/90 collapsible Elmar was not produced in Leica thread-mount (LTM),
though two prototype lenses are in the Leica museum in Germany.  I would
suspect you might find a third -- but it would probably cost you $US 50,000
or so!

Now, the regular 4/90 Elmar in LTM is a nice and inexpensive lens.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!