Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and autofocus
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 1998 23:56:18 -0500

Eric wrote:

<<<what I've found is that AF doesn't make me better, I just get more
pictures in focus.>>>>>

Hi Eric,

Yep heard that one a number of times and it's so true.  All my years of
shooting manual with Leica long glass for sports and I thought I was very
fast and the good fortune not to miss too many in focus.

But by golly when I had to use Canon EOS1's due to sponsorship for the
Commonwealth Games, I was completely over whelmed at how fast it was and I
rarely missed. If I did, it was due to not handling the equipment properly.
And like you, the autofocus didn't make me better or see any differently,
it just gave me a higher number of images in focus on any given roll.

ted