Subject: RE: [Leica] Re:Is It illegal to use a tripod without a License???????
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 13:54:39 -0800

Ernesto,

Please keep us informed on what you find. As I posted the other day, I have
used a tripod in Rome, Frascati, Rocca di Papa, Vesuvio, Vatican City,
Genova, Pisa, Napoli, etc... and a hellova lot of other cities, along side
police, without even a glance. I truly believe that the encounters
mentioned are opportunistic and have absolutely nothing to do with actual
law, or even local regulations. It's like the forest rangers in US parks
keeping people from using "professional" photographic equipment saying they
need a permit. This is NOT true and what was happening was many of the
rangers were shooting stock in the park and marketing it on the side. They
didn't want any competition.

Jim