Subject: Re: [Leica] 15mm origins
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 00:27:07 -0500

At 11:45 PM 2/28/98 +0000, Danny Gonzalez wrote:
>Hopefully someday we'll be able to offer some more definitive answers to the
>question of what exactly Zeiss and Pentax wrought.

Again, you are urged to read Dechert's CONTAX CONNECTION.  I don't believe
there are any unresolved questions of import about the nexus:  Zeiss and
Pentax tried to make the collaboration work, and it didn't.  Zeiss next
tried with Yashica, and that collaboration worked, and worked well.
Neither Pentax nor Zeiss were losers in their brief relationship:  both
learned a lot about how to do things and how not to do things, and I
believe the termination was quite amicable.

I am decidedly NOT a scholar of the Contax SLR system and my literature on
this quirky, but interesting, camera line is woefully inadequate.

Best,

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!