Subject: [Leica] M6 will not wind or release
From: Bill Godwin <bgodwin@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 1998 13:36:16 -0500

LUGS

Has anyone experienced the following.

After shooting a roll of Fuji RAP, I started to rewind the film and it
broke.  Yes, the film actually tore during the rewind process.  After
removing the film from the take up spool in the dark room, I discovered
that I could not advance the new roll I had installed.  The shutter
would not release.

Talked to Ernie in repair at Leica USA and he thought the mechanism may
have jumped a gear.

Since the camera is only 5 months old I shipped it to him for
repair/service.

Any comments out there?

Bill