Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Off topic Photo workshop
From: Paul and Paula Butzi <butzi@halcyon.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 15:53:15 -0800

At 02:01 PM 2/27/98 , you wrote:
>Be quick about it .................
>
>Ruth is doing another workshop at the Coupeville Arts Center on April 11th
>& 12th called the art of seeing.
>Price is $330. They fill up fast!

Ruth is amazing.  Ask anyone who's had any contact with her!

>As a side note................. the Coupeville Arts Center has one of the
>best "bangs" for the buck that I have seen anywhere in the photo workshop
>department. Photo workshop prices range from $90 to $435 and they do have a
>couple of "on location' workshops that are away from Coupeville. I
>conducted one workshop last year and if we can fill it up I will do a
>couple of them this year as well as assist on a couple more.
>
>The staff is great and they are really trying to move onward and upward
>with this thing. It started ten years ago as a small community project and
>has now taken on a life of its own.

What he said, only double.  The folks at CAC are great.  I arrived expecting,
from how I got treated on the phone, some really humongous organization
with a similarly humongous staff that could afford to deal so politely with
me and my confusion.  Well, it isn't so very large, but they do
a really fabulous job.

I had a blast at the Ruth Bernhard workshop.  Ruth was great.  Coupeville
Arts Center was great.  I met a fun bunch of people and had a wonderful
time.  Do check it out.