Subject: RE: [Leica] 90/2.8 or 2? [was: Leica-Users List Digest V2 #199]
From: "Tore Larsen" <tore@CS.Princeton.EDU>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:49:38 -0500

Hi,

Compared to the 2.8 the 90/2 is larger and heavier to carry around, and it
costs more. The extra f stop offer narrower depth of field or half the
exposure time when you need that. You may want to consider your own needs
and preferences carefully before deciding. Do _you_ like to have a really
narrow depth of field. Do _you_ like to shoot in dimly lit situations.

I have the 90/2. I like it's image making qualities but could have done
without some of it's weight. I am not sure I'd like to give up the narrow
depth of field though. I like that for portraits. If I were to buy my 90
today I'd have considered the 2.8 very carefully and tried to do some tests
as to how large, practically, the depth of field difference is.

Regards,

__
Tore