Subject: Re: [Leica] R15
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:31:59 -0500

At 03:45 PM 2/27/98 +1000, Duncan Young wrote:
>Well actually I believe its a Ziess design ( I'm not sure if Ziess actually
>make them for leica, though ), so your other option is to purcase the Contax
>version for only 2/3 the price.  I guess the extra cost is the "magic" they
>add to give the lenses the "leica look" ;)

The 3.5/15 Super-Elmar-R IS a Zeiss Distagon, made at the main Carl Zeiss
plant at Oberkochen.  Leica claims that they have contracted with Zeiss so
that Zeiss produces the lens to "Leica standards" but how much of that is
sales hype can be imagined.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!