Subject: Re: [Leica] M6HM and DR Summicron
From: Emanuel-Temp_Lowi@valitutpalat.fi
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 21:07:30 +0200

This comment is not M6 & DR related but just my view on the new .85x
finder.
I've used an M6J finder-equipped camera for several years and was quite
eager to compare the new finder to the M6J-type.
The new finder's central rangefinder patch is certainly clearer/more
contrasty than the M6J-type. That's good. The 35mm framelines, however, are
really at the limits of visibility in the new camera. That's bad. I don't
wear glasses, but even with moving my face around it's just about
impossible to see the whole 35mm frame at a glance. The M6J finder was
superior in this regard.
Also, the combined 50/75 framelines are a real drag IMHO.