Subject: Re: [Leica] 35/1.4 ASPH 1st version questions
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:16:21 -0600

At 01:15 PM 2/24/98 -0800, you wrote:

>Is there any performance differences between the 1st (two ASPH elements)
>and the 2nd (one ASPH element) 35/1.4 M lenses?

There seems to be a difference of opinion on that subject. That would tell
me one thing: insignificant difference.

>Why is the first version commanding such a hefty price?

There are only two thousand of them. I'd bet they've already sold more of
that of the new version and then some.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Maintenance-free: When it breaks, it can't be fixed