Subject: Re: [Leica] Advice on 35m for SL
From: "A S Jordan" <andrewsjordan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 21:34:47 -0500

>versions of the Elmarit and the two versions of the Summicron?
>
>Recommendations on dalers in used R stuff?
Marco: I highly recommend to you the  35mm Elmarit-R f2.8 lens. I own  the
second version from the late 1970s( filter size:series 7). It is an
excellent lens with regard to contrast and resolution even at full aperure.
The going price is about $400. Try Tamarkin in New York.
Many members of the Lug prefer the Summicron or Summilux-R lenses over the
Elmarit-R. Since I own both a R as well as a M system, I prefer to have the
faster lenses in the M system. This choice is  partly based on focusing
capability, price, and weight.

Good luck in your search

Andrew Jordan