Subject: Re: [Leica] offtopic:photovest
From: Mark Newport <newport_m@utpb.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 98 07:46:51 -0800

>Donal Philby wrote:
>
> Domke used to make
>a jacket that was wonderful.  I left it on a job one day and it
>disappeared.  I was about to take it to a tailor to has it duplicated.
>didn't look like a photo-thing.

Donal,
I have a Domke Photo Jacket that is about 10 years old. It's the best light
working coat I've ever had.  The no slip shoulder patches are great. And
despite wearing it frequently, it shows almost no wear.  The closest thing
to it might be an Army M-65 field jacket. They have a similar style but the
Domke is more refined. I will eventualy replace mine with a M-65.

Ferdinand,
In about 12 years or so, I have worn out several Domke vests. I "live in
one" everyday at the university and think they are the finest of the
working photo vests. I have been using them since about 1987. They seem to
be a little lighter and cooler to work in than my friends Banana Republic
vest.

Mark