Subject: Re: [Leica] WTB: Mechanical Self Timer
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 23:31:11 -0400

Steve:

I was in a dealer the other day and saw what you wanted.  It was a wind up
one that went in the cable relase socket.  It was in one of their junk
drawers.  If you have a well established dealer, just ask them if they have
one kicking around.  These older dealers usually have a spot where they
throw stuff like this that may have been part of a trade in or etc.  My
dealer has drawers for old lens caps, old straps, elecrical and flash
cords, and other adapters.

I saw the timer while digging through a drawer looking for an M3 flash
socket to PC cord adapter.  He didn't have that but had a couple of flash
cords for M3 to Flashguns that had an end on it that my pc cord fit into.

This all goes back to finding the right dealer.  If you have the right
camera dealer, you can ask for pretty well anything.  If they don't have it
they will certainly know where to get it.  For example I asked him if he
ever saw any of the Leica Elcan 80mm F1 lenses, and he replied that one of
his customers had had one!

Regards,

Robert Stevens