Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS M plate #B30?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 21:45:28 -0700

- -----Original Message-----
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
>Yes, I have one.  It is a beautiful piece of work that fit around the
>entire base and extends about 2/3 way across the bottom and includes an
>on center tripod mount.  It mounts slickly onto the quick releases I
>have (Foba and RRS QR plate for gyro.  But truth be told, it is overkill
>in size.  The smallest universal plate works just fine for a Leica, too
>and is smaller and lighter and doesn't extend past the bottom plate.  My
>recommendation.

Donal, do you mean the B9 and B99, as recommended for M's with winder? It's
kind of hard for me to get an exact feeling for the scale, but if they're a
good fit for the UN-motorized M, those might do nicely. Any strong
preferences regarding a plate that can be clamped in both directions, rather
than just one?

>And if you really want to see a gorgeous piece of machining, see the
>newest RRS plate for the Pentax 67.  It includes form fitting arms that
>hug the base of the mirror chamber.

This, the Mamiya RB67 and Fuji GX680 are some of the neat cameras that I
don't wish to haul around :-)