Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning software (off-topic)
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 17:46:20 -0500

At 12:10 PM 2/23/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Sorry for the off-topic post, but someone here once mentioned some scanning
>software that works really well with the Nikon LS-1000.  I'm looking to
>improve the quality of my film scans...  Unfortunately, I deleted the
>original messages.
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Jim Laurel

Jim,

You may be talking about Lasersoft.
Here is the original message:

>All of you that are scanning, you should be using SilverFast software. It
>makes the software that ships with your scanner look like a joke. It gives
>you total control over your scan. Check it out. I believe you can download
>trial software. The scanning industry loves this stuff. It's not expensive.
>Again... check it out.

>http://www.lasersoft.de/Grafik/SF_E.htm

>Happy scanning,

>Jim

I have downloaded the trial software and am playing with it, but I can't
see a big improvement over the original Nikon software.  Maybe it has a
long learning curve?
Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
<http://www.photogs.com/manley/index.html>