Subject: [Leica] Series VII Question
From: "Glenn Wm. Thrall" <gthrall@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 17:47:21 -0800

I recently purchased an R6 and two lenses to supplement my M6. The
Elmarit 90mm 2.8 is similar to, if not the same as, my 90 for the M6.

However, I also purchased a 28mm 2.8 with a detachable hood. The hood,
Leica part # 12509, accepts a Series VII circular polarizer. The lens
itself accepts an E48 filter.

Which is more effective, using the hood as designed with a circular
polarizer, or place an E48 C.Pol on the lens itself?

Life is so much simpler with the M ... there are no real polarizers (the
swing-away never worked for me).

Any ideas before I head off to Lee-Mac Cameras with my trusty plastic?
There is likely to be a bit of a wait ordering a Series VII.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Glenn

Glenn Thrall
mailto:gthrall@ibm.net