Subject: Re: [Leica] M lens coupling ring question
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 11:04:16 -0500

The Coupling Ring - M (14838) is a current product. List price is $30.
There is only one size that I've ever seen. They are not deep enough for
some of the non-retrofocus wide angles, however I find that I can use it
withmy 21 SA if I back it up to a lens with deeply recessed rear elements
such as my old style 90 Summicron.

Cheers!

kw

>Last month I bought a second hand grey plastic coupling ring (allows two M
>lenses to be attached to each other for compact storage).  It looks fairly
>old. It is perhaps only an inch or so thick.  I think it is made by/for
>Leica but it doesn't have much in the way of markings on it.  I really like
>using it and wanted to pick up a second one just like it.  Does Leica still
>make them?  If so does anyone know the part number and a price estimate?
>Are there different ones?  I would think lenses that would give the meter
>arm in a CL or M5 trouble would not work safetly on the rather narrow ring
>I have, are they avalible in different widths?  Thanks for the help.
>
>Robert Ardinger

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>