Subject: Re: [Leica] RRS M plate #B30?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 19:55:58 -0800

At 07:31 PM 2/21/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I would recommend the RRS plate over the Kirk Enterprise plate. As an
owner of
>the Really Right Stuff B30 plate. We also sell the Kirk plate at the
store. It
>is not as nicely made and the first shipment I received had the attachment
>srcrew hole was not tapped in the center. The Really Right Stuff folks are a
>bit more difficult to deal with,  but worth it.
>
>Jeff Alford

I agree with Jeff on RRS equipment. I have RRS plates on my R camera (on
the winder) - I actually sent one of my winders to Brian at RRS years ago
so he could measure it and manufacture plates for Leica R winders. RRS
stuff is exceptionally well made, Brian is a very savvy photographer, and
RRS is a very small, personal, business which explains why sometimes it
seems difficult to order. Brian makes very high quality stuff. It's worth it.

Jim