Subject: Re: [Leica] red dot blues
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 02:15:15 -0500

Andrew Jordon wrote:

<<<<Lucien: When you compare the beautifully engraved top plate  of the M4
with the "naked" M6 top plus the obnoxious red dot, you realize how much of
the esthetic perfection in the older design was lost to the beancounters.
Perhaps the LHSA can start  a crusade to remove the "red plague" from the
Mand its future brethren.>>>>>>

Hi Guys,

What don't I understand in this thing about red dots and other mentioned
items on the surface of the Leica?

It seems to me that basically one need not worry themselves what it "looks
like" as aren't we supposed to "look through them?" And not at them as a
pretty piece of jewellary? :)

When I have my Leicas in my hands they all point in the same direction, so
I don't even see what it seems to be a bit of a bother to some folks. And
most subjects we photograph don't know a red dot Leica from a flying
widget! :)

So could someone truly explain what I don't understand in this "red dot
plague" as I always thought "red dot plague" was the measles! :)

ted