Subject: Re: [Leica] Ein Stuck Lens = 1 asph surface
From: Alfred Breull <puma@hannover.sgh-net.de>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:18:23 +0100

Finally, finally the idea came to my mind, that I could look into
the lens's instructions, which came with the M6-ESL.

It shows the diagramm and says:

Number of elements: 9 (5 components, 1 aspherical lens surfaces)

Both, front and rear lens, are concave. The lens (nr 5) with the
asph surface is also a concave lens.

So, it's evidently the lastest (not rare) 1.4/35 asph Summilux.
Evidently, Leica Solms M6-ESL site links to a wrong diagram. As
Dan pointed out, Leica Solms shows the 1.4/50 Summilux instead
of the 1.4/35 asph.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Alf