Subject: Re: [Leica] Classic Snapshot Setting help needed.
From: "Robert G. Stevens" <robsteve@istar.ca>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 14:00:50 -0400

Gabe:

I think they may be talking about what I think is called hyper-focal
focusing.  Take your lens and set it at F16 and then align the infinity
mark on the focusing scale to the depth of field mark for F16.  On my 35mm
Summicron at F16, using this method everything from just under four feet to
infinity will be in acceptable focus.  Set this way, you now have a point
and shoot snapshot camera.  Larger apertures will of course give a smaller
range of distances in focus.  For example F8 on my 35mm Summicron gives
seven feet to infinity in focus.

For the more technical members of this list, please lets not start a thread
on acceptable sharpness, tack sharp and etc.  Remember we are talking about
snapshots not fine art and tripods.

Regards,

Robert Stevens