Subject: Re: [Leica] I got my R8 Winder!!!!!!!!
From: Jeff Moore <jbm@instinet.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 11:45:17 -0500

At 18 Feb 1998 19:43:47 -0600, Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net> wrote:

> Is this right? They are different batteries than what the body uses? What
> are they if they aren't the 2CR batteries? What a headache! Mabye I'll wait
> for the motor after all.

They're CR-123 batteries.  This is a good thing.  From the Varta webpage at

    http://www.varta.com/cgi-bin/cgi_katalog_2362.pl?p_linie=e2362.html

(BTW, the best reference I've found for basic size, voltage, capacity, etc.
specs for consumer batteries), CR-123s have 1300mAh capacity, CR-2s only
800mAh.  And CR-123s have been exceedingly popular in point-and-shoots for
years, and are thus in my experience somewhat easier to find.

Believe me, unless the sensual pleasure of opening your battery compartment is
a big motivator for you, you'd rather put 2600mAh of juice per dose in your big
whirring camera than 1600.

 -Jeff