Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ted / Jeff / Marvin = NO !!!
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 09:56:13 -0500

Joe wrote:

<<<<but I do have two large dogs.  Those desiring to loot the goodies must
first work with the dogs. >>>>>>>>

Joe,

I've noticed a number of LUGGERS have mentioned their dogs as guardians of
the homestead and contents.

Living here on Vancouver Island we are always being entertained by visiting
cougars around the city and they usually are captured and retiurned to the
wilds.

It came to mind, if you guys had dogs, I wondered if I could get one of
those cougars cornered and train it as a guard cat! :)

Now imagine some guy getting into my house and as he has his arms full of
my gear he is confronted by a drooling carnevor Cougar. I bet he wouldn't
leave the house with a thing! If he were lucky enough to leave at all! :)

A hungry Cougar could become a contented cougar and I'd still have all my
stuff!:)

My wife said I was crazy and our old cat Miller would shred anyone coming
in who wasn't invited, as long as I gave Miller a beer after he was
finished!

This is just in case the bad guys are monitoring our "equipment postings",
well others equipment postings!:)  And if they think of breaking in please
bring "Miller Lite" as that's what my cat Miller prefers! :)

ted