Subject: [Leica] Wind-down noises
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@vcd.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:51:19 -0800

Lost among the many messages was a question from someone
yesterday about the gear-train sounds that his M camera
made after firing the shutter.  I have the same question.

One of my M3's (a new acquisition I made in December) also
has this sound.  It seems to be harmless and I'm tempted to
ignore it, but I would like to know what's going on.

This sound is most pronounced at the 1s setting.  The sound
is that of the gear train "winding down" and it definitely
occurs after the shutter curtains have completed their movement.

- -Dave