Subject: Re: [Leica] 180 2.8 Apo Telyt
From: Don Bledsoe <drbledsoe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 10:24:33 -0800 (PST)

- ---Five Senses Productions <fls@5senses.com> wrote:

>> Yes, the 180/2.8 is a GREAT lens......I love it completely.... I
have heard that the 180/3.4 blows it out of the water resolution-wise,
though.<<

I received a mint 180/2.8 last Saturday, shot three frames with it
when the iris broke (stopped down and could not be opened back up).  I
sent it back the same day.  I had the chromes processed on Monday.
The 180/2.8 wasn't near as sharp as I though it should be, definitely
not on par with my 90/2.8 R.  As a result, when I called to discuss
replacing the lens with Tamarkin on Tuesday I requested that a new
180/3.4 Apo ROM be sent instead.  As I understand things the 180/3.4
is the best of the 180's, though a bit slow.  I hope to find out for
myself soon.

Don