Subject: Re: [Leica] I got my R8 Winder!!!!!!!!
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 07:01:01 -0800

Pete wrote:

<snip>I received my new R8 winder this afternoon! I wanted to know the
correct mounting procedure and its operation. However, all I could find in
the box was a single piece of paper which read: >"Selbs verstandlich
dummkopf!" :) :) :)
<snip>

I got a nice manual with my R8 winder.  To mount it, you simply remove the
current battery cover on the front of the R8.  This can be done by
releasing the catch on the botton of the camera.  Place new lithium
batteries (2) in the winder.  They are a little bit longer than the lithium
batteries for the camera.  Attach the winder to the bottom and screw it to
the camera.  It fits like it was made to be there.  That's all.  When you
turn on the camera and expose, the winder does its thing - very quietly I
may add.  If you leave the advance lever out, the winder will not engage.

Interesting effect:  leave out the wind level and expose.  Then push the
advance lever back against the body and push the shutter button again - and
the winder springs into action.  Good quality build.  Mine will stay
attached to the camera indefinately.

Good luck with it.  If you have any more question, please feel free to
write again.  That's one of the reasons this list is so valuable.  We can
help each other.  I just seem to get more out of this than I can possibly
contribute - unless you have some more vision or glasses/contact lens
questions.

Happy shooting,

Richard