Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #176
From: Christian Becker <chribeck@mdc-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 14:12:59 +0100

Stephen Gandy wrote:
>Eric, if you are going to judge Leica's repairs by Nikons or Canon's,
>shouldn't Leica charge Nikon or Canon prices?  Your viewpoint is
>illogical on that basis.  If they are the best, they should be held
>accountable and really deliver the best.  If they are not, they should
>lower their prices and be like everyone else.

Well, let me just mention an experience I recently had with Leica:
The light-sealing foam on my R3mot went soft (deterioriated?), which is
common and unavoidable after so many years. I mailed Leica and asked if
I had to send the body in to have a new light sealing kit installed.
They sended me a replacement for free.
OK only a very low cost item and not a repair - but anyway THEY payed
the postage. I don't even try to think of whether this would be done by
the Nikon or Canon guys for a twenty year old camera. What will happen
to my (so-called professional) F5 in twenty years?

regards,

Christian