Subject: [Leica] Historical Campaign, was:Saving Leica (from Solms)
From: Lucien_vD <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:21:31 -0500

Stephen Gandy wrote:

>Leica is not as well known as it should be, =

>and a campaign built around it's historical
>importance and ties to the greats of photo-journalism =

>would only help it.

Stephen,

I agree with that.
For once that whe have a company with a real past,
why not using it.
(Not like all those Watch Cy, who have all invented the wrist watch).
;-)

I know that Oscar B. was not the inventor of the 35mm,
but Leica made it successful.

The special issue of Leica Fotografie about the M6 was not
really interesting for "those who know" and poorly translated.
(look who's talking here)
but it help strongly, at least one dealer here, to sell a lot (for Belgiu=
m)
of Leica to new users at the end of last year.

Maybe one of the reasons that Leica is still alive, is all the books writ=
ed
about the cameras sinds the beginning. (free advertising)

A new advertising campain, with a different content each month,
about the filiation between the M3 and the M6 0,85 or between
the SL2 and the R6.2, with a lot of historical facts and famous
and/or excellent photographers comments may help a lot.

But on the other hand, the delivery delays are already so long...

Lucien
BELGIUM