Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica-Users List Digest V2 #174
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 19:07:16 -0600

At 08:37 AM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>We showed a panel of observers a set of three prints taken on T-Max P3200
film
>and three prints taken with T-Max 100. The most common comment was "Well,
this
>one has more detail but this one is sharper--" about the TMX and TMZ shots

Mike is right. That's one reason Rodinal is considered a developer that
increases apparent sharpness. It really emphasizes grain, and the edge
effect pay off is much sharper looking pictures. Whereas a developer like
Microdol, which makes grain smaller by eating away at the edges reduces the
edge effect and makes the grain (and picture) look a bit mushy.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Never forget: 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.