Subject: [Leica] Summarit VS Summilux
From: Robert Beaudoin <bussbearm@cedep.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 16:23:54 -0500 (EST)

I have a question to ask our experts on the LUG, since I am planning a
purchase.
I just checked the configuration of both the Summarit and the Summilux M
lenses (Rogliatti s book).  Since I am not an expert, they very much look
the same to me.  I d like to know if there is a significant difference
between the wide open performance of these lenses.  If so, how much of the
difference is due to the difference in configuration and how much is due
simply to the better modern  lens coating technique.  As if that was not
enough, I d like to know if there is a difference in performance between the
SM and the M Summarit.  Maybe Mr Gandy can help me!

A big thank you to all

Robert