Subject: RE: [Leica] Jazz Shoot
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 15:08:00 +0000

Marc,
A good move on getting the V35, I did a days printing on mine yesterday and
can't remember why I kept the 35mm holder in my Durst M800, the nicest thing
was having every grain from corner to corner in focus!

Good luck with refining the jazz shoot. I'm 'up' to London tomorrow to
'snap' Mica Paris, Courtney Pine, Alexander O'Neil, Ruby Turner and Deniece
Williams. 'Should be good. I went out today to get a monopod, the last bunch
of concert pix were slightly disapointing and I noticed that some other guys
(with their 300/2.8s) had them on 'pods, so I figured it probably made good
sense too!

I shot off a roll of test pix on those LTM lenses on Saturday, the Meyer
Makro Plasmat 105/2.7, the Ross Xtralux 90/3.5 and the Stewartry Trinol
105/3.5. These were on KB14 b/w film and examined through a Ross ground
glass focusser. The Stewarty came out best, even wide open at close focus (1
meter) with that thin cardboard 'spacer' in place, and against the light it
shone through clearly as head and shoulders better. I'm trying to recall
whether it looks to be coated, I can't recall, perhaps it is.

I've mailed a friend at 'The Amateur Photographer' asking for any old
information they may have on that lens, perhaps they tested it.

Jem