Subject: Re: [Leica] Handheld Limit of Noctilux
From: Dennis Painter <dwp@deltanet.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 19:30:01 -0800

In my opinion you *have* to be able to handhold at 1/50 of a second or
your picture will be unsharp somewhere across the image.

Why? because that is how long it takes the shutter slit (at higher
speeds) to cross the image, thus your camera had better be steady for
all that time.

I 'discovered' this some time ago when I had an image that was sharp on
one end and exhibited shake on the other. It took me awhile to figure it
out, but it was not out of focus because of the subject plane.  Finally,
it sunk in and I knew the cause.

Dennis

- --
Experience is a tough teacher. It gives the test before the lesson.
- -unknown