Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: Paul vanPeenen <paddler@istar.ca>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 09:25:33 -0800

ted,

I guess you're right. I thought about it  last night and this morning and I
think I'll pass. There will be lots of opportunity to buy 75 mm's but
paddling Makinson inlet on one of the world's most northerly islands is not
an every-day event for most people. I just have to figure out how I'm gonna
get a 500 mm into the kayak. Get a bigger kayak, I guess ;)

I have archived this message just in case you win the lottery. And should I
win, you'll get your's (400 F2.8 to put on the R8???)

- ---------------------

>It's far more important to go to Ellesmere Island as it is an awesome
>place. And the opportunities of going there are few and far between, hell
>75's will be around for a long time! :) Besides the 75mm wont do you much
>good up there if you get a chance to shoot musk ox, pictures that is! :)
>You'll need long and fast glass. Only because you'll have a head start on
>them if they start to run at you! :)
>
>And the 75's will probably get cheaper the longer you wait. Well we're
>talking Leica aren't we. Damn! Well there'll be lots of them and maybe
>you'll have a fairy godmother or godfather buy you one some day.:)
>
>You know me and my "if I win the lottery" you've got one! :) And if I do
>you'll get one!:) Don't forget make a copy of this post! :)

Paul vanPeenen and Liz van'terve
paddler@istar.ca