Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Ted Dropping Zoom Lens
From: LP6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 1998 18:35:54 EST

Hi Ted:

Good to hear your "fallen zoom" it up and "zooming" !

Your experience brings to mind one of my own:  the year was 1982  or 1983;
anyhow  it was a Photokina year!

I was walking across a bridge near Lienz, Austria with Walter Heun , on a
Leica Tour , and the conversation at the time sufficiently distracted me that
I dropped a 180mm lens while also fumbling around in my camera bag!  My more
youthful heart went  pitter/patter over it all and the damage looked awful!

As I was one of Walter's boys on tour at the time in the Austrian Alps,  my
protector took care of everything!  Thank you Walter wherever you are!  I'm
holding onto my lenses better these days and getting better results!  Looking
back , my quarter century + shooting with Leica gear has afforded me some
great memories.

As I sign off my thoughts turn to a treasured photograph of our Laborador
Retriever under Fall Foiliage captured with my SL2 and a 50mm Summicron in the
late 1970s!   Years later it would be my SL2 with 80mm F1.4 that would win me
top recognition at Walter Heun's last Cape Cod Seminar!

From Memory Lane,

Leon
LP6@aol.com