Subject: Re: [Leica] M7 wish lists
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 22:45:06 -0500

At 02:37 AM 13-02-98 +0100, you wrote:
>In a way I think your are correct, Dan. But although there is a Leica Mythos
>or legend, there will always be a demand for manual cameras, you may compare
>with Nikon, who keep on producing the 'obsolete' FM2.  [snip]

Yes, this is true.  But let's pretend that you are in the market for a
manual camera.  You are looking at the Nikon FM2, and then you notice some
upstart company selling this rangefinder camera you have never heard of,
that only takes a handfull of terribly expensive lenses, that has an
apparently primitive shutter (there is no 45 year or whatever track record
of Leica's shutter!) compared to the Nikon, a weird way to load film into
it (you do it through the bottom of the camera?), and offers very few
accessories.  Yet the camera costs 6 times as much.  Would you even give a
fraction of a second's thought to it?

Dan C.