Subject: [Leica] Universal handgrip/cable release
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 16:21:01 -0500

Friends:

I received today a Universal Handgrip 14239 that I plan to use with my 200
and 400 Telyts on my M and R cameras. It seem to be a wonderful piece and
makes holding the 400 much easier.

The handgrip has a tube near the lens attachment point that appears to be a
place to mount a cable release which will be needed with the 400. My Leica
double cable release (which works great with the 200 or 400, Viso II and M)
fits nicely into this tunnel.

My question. Does/did Leica make a single release with this large diameter
top end that will fit this space. A single release would be handy when
using the 400mm on an R camera. (otherwise I need a third hand as one holds
the grip and the other hand focuses)

tia

kw (Ken Wilcox)

- ----
LHSA, MEA, LAW                         preferred--->
<wilcox@umcc.umich.edu>
                                              <kwilcox@genesee.freenet.org>