Subject: [Leica] M7 Fantasies
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 23:46:33 -0500

Fred wrote:

<<<The M6 has been in production for a long time and it's easy to
see why.  It doesn't require a lot of improvement.>>>>>>>

Fred,

the other neat thing about an M6 is and missed by many wanting ":new things
added! "it doesn't take a lot of intelligence to run it! :)

One of the reasons I'd leave well enough alone with the M6 is the word
KISS!  "Keep It Simple Stupid!"

Now every photographer has heard or seen that sometime during their career
and it aptly applies to the M6! I don't know what the big deal is to change
anything to any more than what it is. A beautiful very simple straight
forward picture taking amchine!

Most of the innovations being asked for in the imaginary new M whatever, is
derived from all the whiz bang electronics available in the lesser quality
cameras, both RF and SLR.

As Far as I'm concerned the only improvement required to make the M6
"BETTER" is bring the price down!  Then many more photographers will have
the pleasure of using them!

ted