Subject: Re: [Leica] 2/50 Summicron R vs. 1.4/50 Nikkor shoot out
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 20:36:36 -0500

Jim:

While I generally agree that chrome film is better for testing, I had a
wake up last week. I shot some dryflies for a presentation. I wanted to
make a few prints as well so I was shooting with Velvia and Fuji Super G
100. There is no question that the neg film of higher speed has better
resolution of the fine details. To test it I scanned identical images
directly and the neg film is wins.

Tom