Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Cassettes
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 20:34:25 -0800

Thanks Marc,

Until just a couple of months ago, I've never owned an M camera. For 35mm,
I had Alpa until 76, then Leica-R from 76 until now. So my experience comes
from fuzzy-lipped cassettes. I have an M2 now but, as soon as my M6HM
arrives, the M2 is on the block. I understand the new M6 won't operate the
Leica cassettes. I also have an Abrahamsson winder waiting for the M6. So I
guess Leica cassettes aren't in the cards for me. I actually enjoy not
to do everything anyway. I use my R cameras professionally, for
publications and some fine art. So buying packaged film, for me, is the way
to go. My first "fine art" sale was to Gisela Hartmann, Ernst Hartmann's
wife. It was of a sunset over Drakes Bay (Point Reyes National Seashore)
taken with an R4sP and 350mm Telyt. 16x20 Cibachrome.

Jim