Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Bulk fim loading - Who &
From: jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:43:00 +0000

 Marvin asked
   My question is to all LUGgers that load their own film from bulk:
 1. Why do you load your own?
     I hate to see my collection of Leica cassettes not being used...
 2. How do you do it?
     On one of either 3 bulk loaders, a Weston, a 'something or other' and
the first bulk loader ever marketed, the SUMMOR later the SOMMOR, which was
French and compatible with the 250 cassette in the Leica 250 camera. (An
article on this recent find has been forwarded to the LHSA's Viewfinder
magazine)
 3. What camera are you using?
     Screw and M series, inc. M6.
 4. What films are available to you in bulk?
     Plenty, too many to list. Often there are strange bulk films
unavailable in single rolls. Great fun to play with! Like 5ASA line film,
Fuji 1600 Neopan (was hard to get in normal cassettes), Ilford HPS (this was
a very old high speed film). Normally I'd buy Ilford HP5+.
 5. Any other reasons to load your own?
     I like to be different!

Jem